Saturday, March 19, 2016

Contents of Magazine

  My magazine will be consisted of movie reviews, as stated before, and I know my format. I'm just conflicted on what to analyze.
  I have stated that I want to review every production aspect of the movie, from the plot to sound and more, but where do I start? Most reviews are not that detailed, and provide their own commentaries on it, such as Forbes, but what do they critique? Just certain scenes and their insights into their thoughts into the movie? This is why I want to write about the movies in depth, with visual analysis and some commentary about other production aspects, but not to make a joke out of the review.
 Forbes did a review on Avengers: Age of Ultron, but focused mostly on what the movie could lead to for box office predictions, and taking puns at the movie. It's Forbes magazine, so it's mostly about money, but what about Empire? That's a good example of a review because the review touches on the forced, mandatory exposition throughout the movie, yet the "near-flawless visual effects" in the movie. I disagree with that one because some qualities in the movie were not that good, such as the opening battle scene with some clunky CGI with the fight scenes, or the Seoul chase scene where some scenes felt rushed visually. Granted this is all my opinion, but that's what reviews are about. They offer opinions on movies, good or bad, and write about what they thought throughout the movie. I would like for my reviews to write about what maybe the movie is going for on thematic levels, or if the audience will feel satisfied visually.
  I only hope these reviews will be good or can be different from others, and I have to start somewhere... I still hope it works out in the end.


Links: O'Hara, Helen. "Avengers: Age Of Ultron." Empire. Empire, 21 Apr. 2015. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. <http://www.empireonline.com/movies/avengers-age-ultron/review/>.
           Mendelson, Scott. "Review: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Is A Galactus-Sized Disappointment." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 21 Apr. 2015. Web. 19 Mar. 2016. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/04/21/review-avengers-age-of-ultron-is-a-galactus-sized-disappointment/#bcb336274a9f>.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment