Monday, March 14, 2016

Potential Topic

   I have decided what subject I am going to do. For me, movies are a topic I have invested a lot of time into since I was in middle school, and want to write critiques on some movies.
   To write critiques, I have decided to incorporate material I have learned in AICE Media throughout the year, such as visual and sound aspects of the productions I review. Most magazine layouts for movie reviews are done in a two page layout format with bold headings that create a sell line that sums up the overall review, while main cover image is of the focus of the article or an image from the movie. Some aspects they include are the basic plot points, a little backstory about the director that reveals how that person became influenced to direct this movie, thoughts of the production design, and how the critic felt about watching the movie.
   I think writing critiques for movies I have watched in the past or when they first come out in the future will allow me to write how I really feel about movies I watch. I just hope it all works out for me. See you soon!

Links: Plumb, Ali. "Home (2015) Review." Empire. Empire, 13 June 2014. Web. 13 Mar. 2016. <http://www.empireonline.com/movies/home-4/review/>.
           Dyer, James. "Interstellar." Empire. Empire, 10 Apr. 2013. Web. 13 Mar. 2016. <http://www.empireonline.com/movies/interstellar/review/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment